Firefighter & EMS Employment
The City of Lawrence Fire Department is proud to announce interest cards are being accepted for Career Firefighters
*** NEW DATES FOR ESEC (Wayne Township) CPAT TESTING***
Instructions for Hiring Process
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The hiring process for the City of Lawrence Fire Department establishes an active hiring list of qualified applicants that is approved by the Fire Merit Commission for a period of two (2) years.
This hiring process does not mean that there are immediate openings. When there are openings; candidates will be hired from the approved list.
1. Initial info form: MUST BE filled out completely and returned to 9001 E. 59th Street, Suite 204, Lawrence, IN 46216 (Headquarters) by March 6, 2017, BEFORE 4:00 PM.
Completed forms may be returned at any time prior to deadline and you are encouraged to do so. Incomplete information will cause the application to be rejected and you may not continue in the process.
2. Tentative Schedule: This schedule is subject to change at any time but you will be notified should that happen. Please provide a valid, legible e-mail address for notification; this will be your only source of schedule changes.
3. First Component: A photo ID is required to participate in this and all components. This is a written test and you must score 70% or higher in order to proceed in the application process. Information regarding study guide
materials will be provided within this packet. This material is provided at your own expense.
4. Only those applicants scoring higher than 70% need to acquire a valid CPAT card. A card dated after March 1, 2016 is acceptable. You will need to renew your CPAT card if the date is prior to March 1, 2016. Your original CPAT card and a copy for our records must be presented at the Aerial Climb in order to fulfill that component. Information is provided on pages 20 and 21 in this packet regarding when and where you can obtain this card if you do not have one.
5. Hiring Packet: This packet explains each component of the process. Please read it carefully. A very important part of this process is how well you follow directions; failure to do so may cause you to be eliminated from the process.
The complete 2017 Hiring Packet can be found in the Documents section below or click this link: