Pioneering Healthy Communities
The City of Lawrence is dedicated to improving the health of all of its citizens. We have assembled 10 key leaders to operate under the banner of Pioneering Healthy Communities to lead this effort.
Leaders from all aspects of our City are represented on this team. They include representatives from government, education, industry, recreation, and health care. The governance task has been divided into four key committees comprised of live, work, learn & play.
Click on any of the segments in the logo below to see the activities each committee is working on.
Our goal is to be the healthiest City in America, which means we have a long ways to go. It is a challenge, but a challenge worth taking because to have a healthy citizenry means so much to us all.
- It means more productivity out of our work force, and fewer lost workdays.
- It means lower health care premiums for us all.
- It means our children will feel better, miss less school, and pay more attention in class, and in the end do better in school and in life.
- It means increasing our sense of community as our citizens become more active and interconnect with their neighbors.
- It means healthier families and ultimately happier families.
- It means more energy for us all to tackle the many challenges that face our City in this rapidly changing world.
The overall approach is very simple: the health of our citizens will improve if they lose weight by being more active and eating better.
Click on the following to see what resources we have available for you.