How Do I...

File a tort claim?

According to Indiana law, if you intend to pursue legal action against a governmental entity, you must give notice of this tort claim within 180 days of your alleged loss. You will need to complete the form below and send it to us, including any police reports, photographs, receipts, estimates, or other documentation that supports your claim. We will submit your claim to the city’s insurance carrier for resolution. You are encouraged to consult with your own legal counsel regarding this matter.


Tort Claims