Corporation counsel: 317-545-6191
The Department of Law, through the city’s corporation counsel, manages the city’s legal affairs, performing duties such as:
• Providing legal advice to city leaders, departments, boards, commissions and other city agencies
• Drafting and/or reviewing ordinances, contracts and other legal documents for the city and its departments, boards, commissions and other agencies
• Representing the city in legal matters
• Responding to public records requests
• Maintaining custody of the city’s legal records.
Corporation Counsel for Utilities
9001 E. 59th St.
Lawrence, IN 46216
Corporation Counsel for the City